August 19, 2019, 01:31:43 AM

Author Topic: Will it ever be possible to summon Akiro, Bellicar or Asyra etc.?  (Read 1414 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
I'm kinda curious about this.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing at the Royal Canadian Legion in Ottawa
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
Re: Will it ever be possible to summon Akiro, Bellicar or Asyra etc.?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 08:55:32 AM »
I'm kinda curious about this.

Good question.  I could see keeping "gods" from making an appearance in the game aside from flavour text, but given the presence of Adramelech, Malacoda, Valshalla, Samandriel and Selesius, I fully expect to see more (arch) angels and (greater) demons, like Malakai, Malaked, Moloch, Abbadon, Bael, Esemere, Selverane and Grethmene.

And of course, a return of the dragons.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 09:36:24 AM »
If I recall correctly, In Mage Wars, when a mage summons a creature, they're not dragging a creature across time and space into the arena, but instead creating a local representation. The actual Brogan Bloodstone is still at work somewhere else, but there's a sort of copy of him in the arena today.

This goes double for the extremely powerful cosmic entities like Adramelech, Lord of Fire. Mages can summon an aspect of the Prince of Infernia, but his actual power is stratospherically greater than what a mage can summon and control. Talos, for example, is an animated incarnation of Akiro. Akiro's actual presence in the arena would be a cataclysm.
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.

Sabrath_Kell

• Official Loremaster of Etheria
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
    • @ArraxCrown on Twitter
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 12:53:29 PM »
I doubt that MW would ever summon a god to the arena, even as a shadow or reflection. Adramelech is actually not a god, just a very powerful demon, and ruler of Infernia. 

More about that here, if you are interested. http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=15389.0
  • Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock