• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
Re: Silence
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 12:17:28 PM »
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

ThisIsDeutch

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 06:54:55 AM »
Crickets

That is all  ;D

I heard that!

Keep your voice down!

Youíll wake up the ghosts that haunt the abandoned forums!

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 10:12:30 AM »
I see Tony has been posting on BGG Mage Wars forums recently to answer questions. He is 'LoreChase' on the BGG forums.

I also received email from Arcane Wonders announcing a live broadcast to update fans with the latest product news. I believe it is scheduled for this coming Wednesday. You may want to check your junk email or Promotion folders to see if you received one. Mine went into a Promotion folder in Googlemail which I do not always check every day.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

ThisIsDeutch

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 10:58:40 AM »

I also received email from Arcane Wonders announcing a live broadcast to update fans with the latest product news. I believe it is scheduled for this coming Wednesday. You may want to check your junk email or Promotion folders to see if you received one. Mine went into a Promotion folder in Googlemail which I do not always check every day.

Thatís nice- Coshade released the overview of the Druid academy expansion, but the community is silent on that. Dice Tower Essentials threads on these forums are basically dead at this point as well. We went through the month of September without a single comment on the discussion forums; Iím pretty sure that Iíve been seeing ghosts here for the last month

I got mine in my emails as well, but there really isnít any point to looking at it: I donít think theyíll be advertising or making any kind of MW Arena set again

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
  • Playing at the Royal Canadian Legion in Ottawa
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 11:11:16 AM »
While the lack of enthusiasm and generally the lack of information from official Arcane Wonders employees is concerning, we do at least know that a Monk and a Necromancer are coming to Academy very soon, since it would seem to have been a last-minute decision to release Druid and Elementalist ahead of these other two Academy mages as evidenced by the misprinted menu of pre-release product available at GenCon 2018.

After that, there has been nothing official or even hinted at, to my knowledge, and there has been quite a bit of pessimism regarding the likelihood of any future product made specifically for Arena. At this point, it is unlikely we'll see a new mage, let alone the long-promised "RPG-like" play mode and/or the Archmage Battlegrounds expansion that had some art spoiled a couple years ago.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

ThisIsDeutch

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2018, 11:50:11 AM »
let alone the long-promised "RPG-like" play mode and/or the Archmage Battlegrounds expansion that had some art spoiled a couple years ago.

What frustrates is that this is what they have been doing from the beginning: they released plenty of concept art years ago, so we always knew that the Siren and Male Forcemaster would be released (for example), but it takes them years to actually develop the art into an actual expansion. So here we are, waiting for the last bit of content, but there is so little word of what is going on that we have to wonder whether or not Arcane Wonders is actually going forward with all of this.